Effepharm has conducted some preclinical studies on Uthever® to prove the safety of NMN, which include:
Five animal and cell studies:
(1) Acute toxicity study
(2) 90-day subchronic oral study
(3) Bacterial mutagenesis-Ames
(4) In vitro cytogenetics-Chromosome aberration test in CHO cell lines
(5) In vivo mammalian test-Chromosome aberration test in Mouse
Results will be published soon.
More animal studies on efficacy have been conducted as well.
(1) NMN Combined With Lactobacillus fermentum TKSN041 Reduces the Photoaging Damage
(2) β-Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) Administrated by Intraperitoneal Injection Mediates Protection Against UVB-Induced Skin Damage in Mice
(3) Effect of NMN on DSS-induced ulcerative colitis in mice
(4) Treatment of SARS-CoV-2-induced pneumonia with NAD+ and NMN in two mouse models